Wednesday, November 2, 2011

College Fair in NYC

So as I said the main reason I am here in NYC is to be a rep at a college fair and a portfolio day. Last night was the New York City Performing and Visual Arts NACAC fair. I felt that it was basically a selling spree. You set up your table, they opened the doors to a flood of high school students and anyone that even glanced at your table you need to tell them why your art school was the best. It was hard. Even though I went to the school I still felt that I couldn't answer some questions. :( I even got a kids name wrong. I felt like an ass. But I did my best and most kids left my table happy. It was also funny and sad to see people look at my sign and see that CCS is in Detroit and the look on their faces was like absolute horror. It's weird coming from Detroit and seeing what everyone outside thinks. As they say, It was written all over their face.
Here's some pictures of my table and the event.




The Javits center was very close to my hotel. I am also very close to the Lincoln Tunnel. I took a few pictures of my walk back from the fair. Please excuse how boring they are. At least the lights are pretty.



Well today is my free day. I already have it all planned out. Lot's of walking, galleries, food and The American National History Museum Finally! Every time I come to NYC it's always on my list. So the next blog post will be FUUUULLL of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment