Monday, July 18, 2011

Best Weekend Ever...


Great view from our hike...

This weekend was by far the best weekend I've had in awhile. It was a delightful balance of alone time, time with my boyfriend, time with old friends and I even met a few new friends.
Friday night was a great dinner and some great conversation with my love Dan. Nothing beats time with him anyday.
Saturday I was brave and went on my first true Meetup. For those of you who don't know about meetup. Basically it's a online site where you join groups and these groups post things to do.This group is all about going outside and hiking, boating, etc. So I went to REI and bought myself a little hiking pack and went on my first hike.It felt more like a great walk in the woods.The two guys I met up with (yes only two other people showed) really made sure I had a great time. They both shared in my love of food, art and the outdoors. We ended the hike at this cute restaurant that used to be a church. You actually sit in the old pews. It was great. I am not a big beer person but they convinced me to try this beersampler, I was not disappointed.

wild rasberries from the trail..



Saturday night ended with Dan and I going to a "We're getting Married" party with some old friends at a tiny bar. This bar features Karaoke and let me tell you, Dan and I were peeing our pants from laughter. After a few drinks I was convinced to sing and I sang Cher's Dark Lady. Dan said I did pretty good but I think he was just being nice.

Sunday was hot but relaxing. I was home most of the day with my pup Missy. I had photoshop homework and housework to keep me occupied. The night ended with a great phone call from Audrey and dinner with Dan. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment