Monday, February 28, 2011

Lickable Wallpaper for Nursery Walls...




I was commissioned by my cousin to paint flowers on the wall of their new nursery. Easy right? After plotting out the design,tracing out twenty daisies, leaves and swirly dos I began to paint. I figured I would use acrylics because it is a child's room and you know they lick and touch everything. They also dry quicker, etc, etc.
Well I HATE them! I longed to use my blend able, smooth and creamy oils. I fought the wall texture and fought with the paints on one flower for about an hour trying to blend and shade and highlight!! I finally gave in, loosened up and it worked out. Next work day should go by smoother!!! (hopefully)




Here are the two flowers I fought with. The smaller one is almost there. I will tackle the bigger flower next time!!!



Better images of work and me working soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment