Monday, May 16, 2011

Show Dress

SO the intense countdown to "Beautiful Monstrosities" has offically begun. While I am quickly trying to catch up to my show partner, Audrey Pongracz, I have let my thoughts drift from sewing ghosts and giant maggot bodies to "What am I going to wear?".
Our show has a very strong theme. I can't go walking in there in my Target sundress and heels and expect to fit in with my own art.
SO.. through some research and happy accidents on Tumblr I have found the pefect dress. Sadly the dresses I have found to be perfect are all the way in Japan. But thankfully I know a very talented dressmaker who will be able to whip up this beauty just for me. :)



Here is the dress in full. Since we were crazy and decided to have our show in the heart of summer I will be having the dress made with short sleeves. This dress is shown with a petticoat underneath. A petticoat is a bit much for me so I will opt out, and just let the skirt fall as it will like. :)



Here's a detail shot of the neck. *sigh* I swear I should have been born in 1890.



Another detail of the skirt.

I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment